Vegetable Rice is a Rice based dish prepared with Rice, Vegetables and Spices. This delicious dish can be easily prepared in the busy morning for Lunchbox. As it contains lot of Vegetables, this mouth-watering dish is full of fiber and nutrients. It is an easily digestible food which is loved by people of all the ages. It is one of the Kid’s favorite foods too. It tastes the best with yogurt/Curd. Here is the simple recipe of it.
Cooking time: 18 – 20 minutes
1 cup = 300 ml
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
For vegetable rice
- Uncooked Rice (Hand pounded/ Normal) – 1 cup (1 cup= 300 ml)
- Water – 1 ½ cup (1 cup = 300ml) for cooking Rice
- Cooking oil – 2 spoons + 2 spoons
- Cardamom – 5
- Cinnamon – 2 (each an inch size)
- Cloves – 13
- Fennel seeds (Saunf) – ¾ tsp
- Large sized onion – 1 (Chopped)
- Medium sized Carrot – 1 (Chopped)
- Medium sized Potato – 1 (chopped)
- Big sized Capsicum – 1 (chopped)
- Beans – 2 (Chopped)
- Green peas – 30 grams
- Green Chillies – 3 (Chopped)
- Sabzi masala – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 coffee spoon (heap)
- Red Chilli powder – ¼ tsp
- Bay leaves – 2 (crushed)
- Coriander leaves – few (Chopped)
- Medium sized lemon– ½
- Coriander leaves – few
- Cook the Rice (The rice should not be cooked very mushy). It took (10-12) minutes to cook the rice. I have used Hand pounded rice. I cooked the Hand pounded rice with Water (1 ½ cup (1 cup=300 ml)) in stainless steel vessel which has been kept inside 5 ½ litre Aluminium pressure Cooker. I cooked it for 4 whistles.
(If you are using White rice: For (1 cup) old white rice (1 cup= 300 ml), add 2 ½ cup of Water and cook for 4 whistles.
For (1 cup) White rice (1 cup = 300 ml), add 2 cup of Water and cook for 4 whistles).
- Spread the cooked rice over the plate for 2 minutes.
- Sauté the Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cloves and Fennel seeds with the Cooking Oil (2 spoons) for 2 minutes in a Kadai at medium flame (I have used non-stick Kadai).
- Add the chopped Onions and required salt to it. Sauté until it becomes pink and transparent (It took a minute).
- Add the chopped Capsicum, potatoes, Beans, Carrot, Green Chillies, Green peas and required salt to it. Mix it well.
- Add the Sabzi Masala, Garam Masala powder and Red Chilli powder to it. Mix it well.
- Close it with a lid for 5 minutes.
- Add Bay leaves (crushed) to it and Give a mix.
- Add the cooked rice and required Salt to it. Mix it well.
- Then, add Cooking Oil (2 spoon) and the Coriander leaves to it. Give a mix and turn off the flame.
- Squeeze lemon over it and mix it well. Garnish with Coriander leaves.
Here is the video recipe of the Vegetable rice