Vermicelli Kheer (Semiya payasam) is a toothsome Dessert/Sweet prepared with Vermicelli, milk and other ingredients. This delicious sweet is prepared in 12 minutes with this simple and easy recipe. Enjoy the festive with this tasty sweet.
Cooking time: 12- 13 minutes
Serves: 4- 5
1 tbsp = 15 ml
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
For pressure cooking
- Ghee – 1 spoon (heap)
- Cashewnuts – 10
- Vermicelli (Roasted/Normal) – 130 grams
- Raisins – 25
- Boiled milk – 1 cup (1 cup = 300ml)
- Water – ¼ cup (1 cup = 300ml)
For milk mixture
- Boiled Milk – 2 cup (1 cup = 300ml)
- Khoya/Mawa – 1 spoon (heap)
- Sugar (Normal/Brown) – 130 grams
For making payasam
- Saffron strands – few
- Cardamom powder – 1/8 tsp
- Roast the cashew nuts until it turns golden brown (45 seconds) at simmer in a pressure cooker.
- Add the Raisins and Vermicelli (Normal/roasted) to it.
- Then, roast it until the vermicelli turns golden brown (It took 3 minutes as I have used roasted Vermicelli already. If it is a normal white vermicelli it may take 5-6 minutes to get roasted)
- Add boiled milk (1 cup) to it and mix it well.
- Add Water (¼ cup) to it and mix it well.
- Pressure cook the mixture for 4 ½ minutes with vent weight at high flame. Note: I have used 5 litre stainless steel pressure cooker and got 5 whistles in 4 ½ minutes. The number of whistles depends on the size of cooker. Small cooker will give more whistles in the given time when compared to the large sized cookers. So, I have mentioned only the time as reference.
- Mix the boiled Milk (2 cup), Khoya and sugar well. Milk mixture is ready to use.
- Add the milk mixture to the cooked vermicelli in the pressure cooker and mix it well.
- Add the saffron strands and cardamom powder. Mix it well.
- Boil the mixture for 4 minutes at medium flame. Turn off the flame. Serve hot.
Here is the video recipe of it.