Veggie PinWheel is a delectable Appetizer and a tasty Starter. This healthy Snack is prepared with whole Wheat flour, Vegetables (Potatoes, Carrots and Onions) and Spices. Tomato Sauce/Mint Chutney is an excellent Side dish for it.
Cooking time: 25- 30 minutes
Yields: 12- 14 pieces
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Whole Wheat flour – 250 grams and little required for dusting
- Big sized Potato – 2 (grated)
- Carrot – 2 (grated)
- Big sized Onion – 2 (finely chopped)
- Chopped Coriander leaves – less than ¼ cup
- Red chilli powder – (¾- 1) tsp
- Garam Masala – ¾ tsp
- Green chillies – 3 to 4(finely chopped)
- Salt – required
- Water – required to prepare the wheat dough
- Cooking Oil – ¾ spoon
- Oil -for deep frying
- Add the required Salt and Water to the whole Wheat flour and knead it into a soft dough (Add hot water to get a soft dough).Close the Wheat dough with a lid for 15 minutes.
- Divide the Wheat dough into equal portions.Make balls with it. Wheat balls are ready. Dust the balls with Wheat flour.
- Roast the grated Potato in the Cooking Oil for 3 minutes, in a Kadai at medium flame. Sprinkle little Water over it (if required).
- Add the grated Carrots, chopped Onions and Coriander leaves, Red Chilli powder, Garam masala, chopped Green chillies and required Salt to it .Saute it for 5 minutes at medium flame. Switch off the flame.
- Divide the mixture equally. The number of divisions should be equal to the number of prepared Wheat balls.
- Roll each Wheat balls to a flat round Chapati.
- Spread a mixture division over each Chapati.
- Roll each Chapati tightly (roll it in such a way that the mixture should be tightly stuffed inside the Chapati). Cut it into 3 -4 equal pieces.
- Deep fry the pieces in the Oil. Veggie PinWheels are ready. Enjoy with Mint Chutney or Tomato Kara Chutney.
Please don’t forget to click the “Subscribe/Follow” button and enter your Email address to receive the updates/new recipes in your mail inbox directly. If you like this recipe, do share it in your favourite Social media.