Vegetable Samosa is a famous and delicious Appetizer. This tasty and crispy snack is prepared with Maida, Whole Wheat flour, Vegetables (Potatoes, Cauliflower, Green Peas and Carrot) and Spices. Tomato Sauce and Mint Chutney is an apt Side dish for it. It is a flaky crust which is very soft inside.
Cooking time: 30 – 35 minutes
Yields: 20 mini samosas
1 cup = 450 ml
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Maida (All-purpose flour)– 1 cup
- Maida – 4 spoon ( for preparing a paste)
- Whole Wheat flour – ½ cup
- Whole Wheat flour – little for dusting
- Cooking Oil – 3 tsp
- Oil – for deep frying
- Medium sized Potatoes – 2
- Chopped Cauliflower – ¼ cup
- Peeled Green Peas – ¼ cup
- Chopped Green Chillies – 2 tsp
- Red Chilli powder – (¾-1) tsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste – ¾ tsp
- Tomato Sauce – 1 spoon
- Chopped Carrot – ¼ cup
- Chopped Onions – ¼ cup
- Garam Masala –½ tsp
- Salt – required
- Water – required
- Add the Whole Wheat flour, Cooking Oil (1 tsp), required Water and Salt to the Maida. Knead it into dough. Cover the dough with a moist cotton cloth for more than 30 minutes. Maida dough is ready. Make equal sized balls with the prepared dough. Maida balls are ready.
- Add the required Water to the Maida (4 tsp) to prepare a Maida Paste. Maida Paste is ready.
- Cook the Potatoes with little Water in a Pressure Cooker for 2 whistles. Mash it well.
- Fry the chopped Onions with the Cooking Oil (2 tsp) until it become pink and transparent, in a Kadai at low flame.
- Add the Peeled Green peas, chopped Cauliflower, Carrot and Green Chillies to it and sauté it until the vegetables get cooked well. Sprinkle little Water if required.
- Add the mashed Potatoes to it. Sauté the mixture at medium flame.
- Add the Red Chilli powder, Garam Masala powder, Ginger Garlic Paste and required Salt to it. Sauté the mixture for 2 minutes.
- Add the Tomato Sauce and mix it well. Sauté for a minute and switch off the flame. Stuffing is ready. Divide the Stuffing equally. The number of stuffing divisions should be equal to the number of Maida balls.
- Roll each Maida ball into a very thin round shaped Roti using a Chapati Rolling Pin.
- Toss the prepared Rotis on a (greased) very hot Tawa for 10 seconds (Both sides of the Roti should not be cooked well). Switch off the flame.
- Trim the Tossed Rotis along its edges. Then, cut the remaining portion into equal horizontal sheets (of 1 ½ inch thickness). Cover the horizontal sheets with a moist cloth else it will get hardened in few seconds.
- Make a Cone with each horizontal sheet (Make a triangle with one end of the horizontal sheet and roll it as a Cone).
- Stuff the Cones with the Stuffing divisions and seal the edges of the Cones with the prepared Maida Paste.
- Deep fry the sealed Cones in the Oil, until it turns slightly golden brown on both sides. Hot Vegetable Samosas are ready. Enjoy with Mint Chutney or Tomato Sauce.
Please don’t forget to press the “Subscribe button“at the bottom of the page, to subscribe to my blog. If you like the recipe, please share it and give your valuable comments.