Vegetable Basundi is a unique Dessert prepared with Vegetables (Cauliflower, Potato and Carrot), Milk, Saffron and nuts. The mixture of vegetables in it adds a special taste to this delicious Sweet.
Cooking time: 35 – 40 minutes
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Milk – 1 litre and 250ml required for cooking Vegetables
- Carrot – 1 (finely chopped)
- Finely chopped Cauliflower – 1 cup (1 cup= 150 ml)
- Potato – 1 (finely chopped)
- Saffron strands – 7
- Milk – 3 spoon
- Almonds – 12
- Cashew nuts– 5
- Ghee –½ tsp
- Raisins – 12
- Sugar – 1 cup (1 cup =450 ml)
- Water – required
- Add the Water (250 ml) to the Milk (250 ml) and mix it well. Milk mixture is ready.
- Soak the Almonds in the required Water for 20 minutes and drain it. Grind the Almonds with the Milk (3 spoon) to a smooth paste. Almond paste is ready.
- Roast the Cashew nuts in the Ghee for 1 minute, in a Pan at low flame. Roasted Cashew nuts are ready.
- Cook the chopped Carrots, Cauliflower and Potato in the Milk mixture until the vegetables are cooked well, in a Kadai at low flame. Stir the mixture frequently at regular intervals. Switch off the flame. Drain the cooked Vegetables.
- Boil the Milk (1 litre) in a Kadai at low flame. Stir it at regular intervals until it reduces to half quantity (milk of very thick consistency).
- Then, add the drained cooked Vegetables and stir the mixture for 3 minutes at medium flame.
- Add the Saffron strands to it. Stir the mixture for 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared Almond paste and Sugar to it. Mix it well. Stir the mixture for 3 minutes at medium flame. Switch off the flame. Vegetable Basundi is ready. Garnish with the Raisins and roasted Cashew nuts.
Please don’t forget to press the “Subscribe button“at the bottom of the page, to subscribe to my blog. If you like the recipe, please share it and give your valuable comments.