Vangibath is a delicious Rice based dish prepared with Brinjals, Rice, Onions and Spices.
Cooking time: 25 – 30 minutes
1 cup = 300 ml
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Brinjal -(4-5) (chopped lengthwise)
- Medium sized Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
- Semi Brown Rice – 1 cup
- Red Chilli – 5
- Coriander Seeds – 1 tsp
- Whole Pepper – ¼ tsp
- Urad dal – ¾ tsp
- Chana dal – 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds –¾ tsp
- Fenugreek – ¼ tsp
- Cloves – 3
- Grated Coconut – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon stick – 1 medium sized
- Cooking Oil – 1 spoon
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – ½ spoon
- Salt – required
- Water – required
- Chopped Coriander Leaves – 1 tsp
- Cook the Brown Rice with the Water (1 ½ cup) in a Pressure Cooker for 3 whistles. Spread the cooked Rice on a plate for 3 minutes.
- Dry roast the Red Chillies, Coriander Seeds, Whole Pepper, Urad dal, Chana dal, Cumin Seeds, Fenugreek, Grated Coconut, Cloves and Cinnamon Stick for 3 minutes, in a Kadai at medium flame. Switch off the flame.
- Cool the mixture for 4 minutes and grind it to a smooth powder. Ground powder is ready.
- Roast the Onions with the Cooking Oil until it becomes pink and transparent, in a Kadai at medium flame. Add the chopped Brinjals to it and sauté until the Brinjals get cooked. Sprinkle little Water over it while roasting.
- Add the required Salt to it and saute for a minute.
- Then, add the prepared Ground powder to it and saute for a minute.
- Add the Cooked Rice to it and mix it well. Add the required Salt to it and sauté the mixture for 2 minutes at medium flame. Switch off the flame.
- Add the Extra Virgin Olive Oil to it and mix it well. Garnish with the Chopped Coriander leaves.Enjoy with Tomato Tambli or Sev Tamatar Sabzi or Sago Vada.
Please don’t forget to press the “Subscribe button“at the bottom of the page, to subscribe to my blog. If you like the recipe, please share it and give your valuable comments.