Tomato Tambli is a delicious Side dish for hot Rice, Roti and Chapati. This tasty dish is prepared with Tomatoes, Curd and Spices.
Cooking time: 8 minutes
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Medium sized Tomatoes – 2 (finely chopped)
- Green Chillies – 2 (finely chopped)
- Curd – ¾ cup (1 cup = 450 ml)
- Finely chopped Coriander leaves – 2 tsp
- Cooking Oil – 1 ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Heeng powder – ½ coffee spoon
- Mustard seeds – 1 coffee spoon
- Salt – required
- Water – little required
- Roast the finely chopped Tomatoes and Green Chillies with the Cooking Oil (1 tsp) until the Tomatoes becomes juicy, in a Kadai at low flame. Switch off the flame. Cool the mixture for 5 minutes.
- Grind the mixture with little Water and required Salt to a puree. Tomato puree is ready.
- Roast the Mustard seeds with the Cooking Oil (¾ tsp) until it crackles, in a Pan at low flame. Add the Cumin seeds to it and roast it until it turns slightly brown. Later, add the Heeng powder to it. Mix it well and switch off the flame.
- Add the mixture in the Pan, chopped Coriander leaves and prepared Tomato puree to the Curd and mix it well. Tomato Tambli is ready.
Please don’t forget to press the “Subscribe button“at the bottom of the page, to subscribe to my blog. If you like the recipe, please share it and give your valuable comments.