Tomato Kara Chutney is a spicy Side dish for Idli, Dosa, Rice, Chapati and Roti. This tasty chutney is prepared with Tomatoes, Red Chillies, Garlic cloves, Tamarind and Spices.
Cooking time: 10 minutes
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Medium Sized Tomato – 4 (finely chopped)
- Red Chillies – 9
- Garlic – 8 cloves
- Salt – required
- Sugar – ½ tsp
- Tamarind – very small Lemon sized ball
- Cooking Oil – 3 tsp
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Roast the Mustard seeds with the Cooking Oil until it crackles, in a Kadai at low flame. Add the Urad dal and Red Chillies to it and sauté it until the dal turns slightly brown.
- Add the Garlic cloves and Tamarind to it and roast it for 2 minutes at low flame.
- Add the chopped Tomatoes to it and cook it until it turns juicy.
- Add the Sugar and required Salt to it and sauté the mixture for a minute. Switch off the flame. Cool the mixture for 5 minutes.
- Grind the mixture with little Water to a smooth paste.
Please don’t forget to click the “Subscribe/Follow” button and enter your Email address to receive the updates/new recipes in your mail inbox directly. If you like this recipe, do share it in your favourite Social media.