Mumbai style pav bhaji| pav bhaji recipe | पाव भाजी रेसिपी | பாவ் பாஜி is with detailed video and photo recipe. The pav bhaji recipes has its origin in mumbai, India. Pav refers to the “soft bread” and bhaji refers to the “mixed vegetable curry”. The mumbai style pav bhaji is a popular recipe throughout India. This is one of the healthy and best pav bhaji recipe that can be easily prepared at home. It is called as पाव भाजी in hindi language and பாவ் பாஜி in tamil language.
PAV BHAJI DESCRIPTION
Mumbai style pav bhaji| पाव भाजी रेसिपी | பாவ் பாஜி is a delicious dish consisting of thick vegetable curry and a fried (toasted) soft bread roll (pav bun). This is a popular street food in (mumbai, maharashtra (india). It is usually prepared with vegetables (such as potatoes, tomatoes, green peas, etc,.) , butter, pav bhaji masala and spices. As it is a mixture of vegetables, bread and butter, it has been considered as a quick meal initially. Later, it has also become as a popular fast food/evening snacks.
Vegetables like capsicum/bell peppers can also be added to this prepare this mumbai street style pav bhaji recipe.It is generally served with onions, lemon, etc,. Pav bhaji masala is the key ingredient to this dish. Other than pav bhaji masala, rest of the other pav bhaji ingredients will be easily available at home and can be altered according to our preference. Thus, one can make a pav bhaji quickly at home with this delicious easy and tasty pav bhaji recipe. Here, the pav bhaji in mumbai style from scratch is written in hindi, tamil and english.
In mumbai, pav bhaji is prepared by the street vendors on a hot big tawa with loads of butter. Though it will be very attractive and colourful (as artificial colors are used), it won’t be much healthy whereas in this recipe, no artificial colors or large quantity of butter is used. You may like our diet pav bhaji (without butter) recipe as well.
Mumbai style pav bhaji |पाव भाजी रेसिपी |பாவ் பாஜி with step by step video recipe (youtube) in hindi, english and tamil is below.
how to make mumbai style pav bhaji ???
Free subscription for more delicious video recipes, SUBSCRIBE
Free subscription form to receive our recipes as email in your inbox: FILL FORM
Our free Android app to receive our recipes in your mobile: DOWNLOAD
Mumbai style pav bhaji| पाव भाजी रेसिपी | பாவ் பாஜி recipe
Cooking time: less than 20- 25 minutes
1 tbsp = 15 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
- Potatoes (boiled) / उबला हुआ आलू / வேகவைத்த உருளைக்கிழங்கு (big size) – 6
- Green peas (boiled) / उबला हुआ हरी मटर / வேகவைத்த பச்சை பட்டாணி – ¾ cup (where 1 cup= 240 ml)
- Butter / मक्खन / வெண்ணெய் – 1 tbsp + 1 tsp + 1 tsp (while serving)
- Cumin seeds / जीरा / சீரகம் – 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste / अदरक लहसुन पेस्ट / இஞ்சி பூண்டு பேஸ்ட்– ½ tsp
- Onions / प्याज / வெங்காயம் (medium size) – 6
- Tomatoes / टमाटर / தக்காளி (medium size) – 3
- Coriander leaves / धनिये के पत्ते / கொத்துமல்லி தழை (chopped) – few
- Red chilli powder (Kashmiri ) / काश्मीर लाल मिर्च पाउडर / கஷ்மீரி சிவப்பு மிளகாய் தூள் – 3 ¼ tsp
- Garam masala powder / गरम मसाला पाउडर / கரம் மசாலா பொடி – 1 ¼ tsp
- Pav bhaji masala / पाव भाजी मसाला / பாவ் பாஜி மசாலா பவுடர் – 4 tsp
- Salt / नमक / உப்பு – required
- Water / पानी / தண்ணீர் – 180 ml
- Pav bun / पाव रोटी / பாவ் ரொட்டி– 10
- Butter/ मक्खन / வெண்ணெய் – required
- Boil the potatoes and green peas in a steamer or cooker.
- Mash the potatoes well using a masher. Mashed potatoes are ready.
- Add butter (1 tbsp) to a kadai.
- Add cumin seeds, ginger garlic paste and onions to it. Sauté until onions become pink and transparent at medium flame.
- Add tomatoes to it and cook covered until tomatoes becomes soft at medium flame (9- 10 minutes at low- medium flame).
- Mash the tomatoes with spatula (please refer video recipe).
- Add the mashed potatoes, coriander leaves, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, pav bhaji masala, salt (required) and water to it. Mash and mix it well.
- Add butter (1 tsp) to it and cook covered at medium flame until froth appears (5 minutes at low-medium flame). Turn off the flame. Serve hot with butter.
- Cut the pav bun into two halves.
- Toast the pav bun over a tawa (greased with required butter). Serve hot with bhaji.
If you like this recipe, please share your vote below. Share it with your friends and family.