Kaju katli / Kaju barfi / cashewnut fudge is a dessert/sweet prepared with cashewnuts, sugar and ghee.
Subscribe to our Youtube channel for more video recipes: SUBSCRIBE
cooking time: 10 minutes
serves : 30-35 minutes
1 tsp = 5 ml
- Cashewnuts / काजू / முந்திரிப்பருப்பு – 200 grams
- Sugar / चीनी / சர்க்கரை – ½ cup (1 cup = 300 ml)
- Water – ¼ cup (1 cup = 300 ml)
- Ghee / घी / நெய் – for greasing + ½ tsp
- Cardamom powder/ इलायची पाउडर / ஏலக்காய் பொடி– ¼ tsp
- Grind the Cashewnuts to a fine powder (grind the Cashewnuts at low speed (at equal intervals) in the mixer/grinder. Don’t grind it for a long time, as the Cashewnuts ooze outs oil).
- Sieve the ground cashew powder.
- Dissolve the sugar in water completely at medium flame.
- Let the sugar syrup boil at medium flame until it becomes sticky (Don’t boil the sugar syrup until it reaches one string consistency – NO ONE STRING COSISTENCY).
- Add the cashewnut powder to it and mix it well at low flame.
- Add cardamom powder to it and mix it well.
- Cook at low flame until the mixture turns to a non-sticky dough (starts leaving the sides of the pan). Cashew dough is ready.
- Transfer the cashew dough to a greased butter/baking paper (grease the butter/baking paper with little ghee).
- Cool the cashew dough until it becomes warm at room temperature (the dough should be little hot and it should not be completely cooled down).
- Add ghee (½ tsp) to the cashew dough and knead it for 2 minutes (knead with greased hands (use little ghee for greasing)).
- Shape the cashew dough to a ball and then flatten it using hands.
- Roll the flattened dough to a desired thickness (using rolling pin).
- Cut it to diamond shaped Katli. Serve.