Chapati Laddu (Dwarka Prasad Laddu) is a toothsome snack/dessert prepared with Chapati. This laddu (Ladoo) is prepared in a similar way as how Dwarka Prasad Laddu (Ladoo) is made. I have been to Dwarka when I was young and my mother learnt this recipe from her relatives when we were there. We can also prepare this Laddu with the leftover chapati for an instant Dessert/snack. Enjoy this tasty and healthy dish at your home. No body can easily find this laddu is made using chapati. So, surprise your family and friends with this tasty food.
Cooking time: 10-12 minutes
Serves: 11 laddus
1 cup = 300 ml
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Chapati (medium sized) – 2
- Groundnuts – 1/8 cup (1 cup = 300 ml)
- Ghee – ¾ tsp (heap) (for roasting ground nuts) + 1 ½ tsp (for making laddu)
- Dry coconut powder – 1 ¼ tbsp
- Khus khus /Poppy seeds – ½ tsp
- Jaggery powder – ½ cup (1 cup = 300 ml)
- Roast the ground nuts with Ghee (¾ tsp (heap)) until it turns slightly brown (5 minutes) in a Kadai at medium flame. Turn off the flame. Roasted Ground nuts are ready to use.
- Cut the Chapati into pieces.
- Grind the cut chapati to a fine powder. Chapati powder is ready.
- Then roast the khus khus with the Ghee (1 ½ tsp)in a Kadai at medium flame.
- Add the jaggery powder to it. Mix it well. Let the jaggery powder melts.
- Add the prepared Chapati powder to it and mix it well.
- Later, add the roasted Groundnuts and dry coconut powder to it and mix it well. Turn off the flame.
- Make balls with the mixture when it is warm. Allow the balls to set for an hour (for making it more tasty) and then serve.