Idli Manchurian is a tasty Appetizer/ Tiffin prepared with Fried Idlis, vegetables and sauces. Here is the simple and easy recipe to prepare it at home.
Here is the detailed video recipe
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1 cup = 300 ml
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Idlis – 6
- Cooking oil – 2 spoons
- Cumin seeds – ¾ tsp
- Saunf (fennel seeds) – ½ tsp
- Cashews (chopped) – 12
- Ginger (finely chopped)- 1 ½ inch
- Garlic cloves (chopped) – 13
- Onions (Medium sized) – 3 (finely chopped)
- Green Chillies (large sized) – 3 (slit)
- Capsicum/ bell peppers (small sized) – 2 (diced)
- Green peas – 20 grams
- Tomato sauce – 3 spoons
- Soya sauce – 2 spoon
- Pepper powder – ¼ coffee spoon
- Red Chilli powder – ½ tsp heap
- Garam masala powder – ½ coffee spoon (heap)
- Sugar (White/Brown) – 1/8 tsp
- Salt – required
- Water – 40 ml
- Spring onions – few (chopped)
- Cut the 6 idlis into equal pieces and deep fry them in cooking oil until it turns golden brown.
- Roast the cumin seeds, cashewnuts and saunf with the cooking oil for 2 minutes in a Kadai at medium flame.
- Add the ginger, garlic, Green chillies, Onions and little salt (required for onions). Sauté until Onions become pink and transparent.
- Add capsicum, green peas, tomato sauce,soya sauce, pepper powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and sugar. Mix it well.
- Add water (40 ml) to it and mix it well. Cook the mixture for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the fried idli pieces to it and mix it well. Add spring onions and little salt to it. Mix it well. Turn off the flame.