Beetroot Gulab Jamun is an unique Sweet prepared with Beetroot, Khoya, Maida, Oats, Sugar and Saffron strands. This mouth-watering Dessert is nutritious as it is prepared with Beetroot and Oats. Beetroots are high in Vitamin C and fiber. It is an excellent Liver cleanser too. Oats are rich in Antioxidants and also help in lowering the LDL cholesterol.
Cooking time: 20– 25 minutes
Yields: 7 -8 big sized Gulab Jamuns
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Big sized Beetroot – 1 ¼ (finely Grated)
- Unsweetened Khoya – 200 grams
- Maida (All-purpose flour) – (30 – 50) grams
- Oats – (4 -5) spoon
- Cooking Oil – for deep frying
- Saffron strands – 8
- Sugar – 250 gram
- Water – 350 ml
- Mix the finely grated Beetroot, Unsweetened Khoya and Maida. Knead it into smooth dough. Make equal sized big balls with it.
- Grind the Oats to a slightly coarse powder.
- Boil the Water for 2 minutes in a Kadai at medium flame.
- Add the Sugar and Saffron strands to it and mix it well. Stir the mixture until it turns into one string consistency Sugar syrup. Switch off the flame. Sugar syrup is ready.
- Roll the prepared balls over the Oats powder such that the balls are equally covered with it (If the balls are very dry and unable to make the Oats powder stick to it, please add very little Water to the Oats powder and make it as a paste. Then, roll the ball over it).
- Deep fry the balls in the Cooking Oil until it turns brown, in a Kadai at medium flame.
- Soak the deep fried balls in the prepared Sugar syrup (Don’t soak the balls in the Sugar syrup when the Sugar syrup and deep fried balls are very hot. Both deep fried balls and Sugar syrup should only be warm while soaking). Close it with a lid (not an airtight lid) for (15 -20) minutes. Soft Beetroot Gulab Jamuns are ready.
Please don’t forget to press the “Subscribe button“at the bottom of the page, to subscribe to my blog for new updates. If you like the recipe, please share it and give your valuable comments.