Chocolate brownies | whole wheat chocolate brownies (eggless, no butter, no maida, no oven) | चॉकलेट ब्राउनी | சாக்லேட் ப்ரௌனி is with detailed video and photo recipe. It is a delicious eggless cake prepared with whole wheat flour. It is known as चॉकलेट ब्राउनी in hindi and சாக்லேட் ப்ரௌனி in tamil.
WHOLE WHEAT CHOCOLATE BROWNIES DESCRIPTION
Chocolate brownies | whole wheat chocolate brownies (eggless, no butter, no maida, no oven) | चॉकलेट ब्राउनी | சாக்லேட் ப்ரௌனி is a delicious, healthy, simple, easy and tasty cake prepared with whole wheat flour, oil, cocoa powder, milk, dark chocolate, sugar, vanilla essence and walnuts.
This rich chocolate brownie recipe is eggless (without eggs) and it is prepared in pressure cooker. It can also be baked in oven. As whole wheat flour and oil is used instead of all purpose flour (maida) and butter, thus makes the cake healthy. Oil and milk gives enough moisture that is required for the brownie. Curd can be included as one of the ingredients to moisturize the cake. Please don’t keep the chocolate brownies (after baking) in open air for more than few minutes as there are chances for it to get harden. It is very important to store the brownies in an airtight container to retain moisture.
I personally don’t prefer melting the chocolate compound in double boiler method as it has to be done very carefully. I have dissolved the chocolate without using double boiler method or in microwave. The grated chocolate will dissolve completely within few minutes if it is stirred continuously along with the milk. It is not mandatory to dissolve the chocolate completely also. It is more than enough, if you are able to dissolve it up to 70 – 80 percent (the remaining chocolate pieces will add more taste, while eating it).
This indian style chocolate brownie cake recipe is a combination of crumbly, cakey, chewy and fudgy brownie. The addition of dark chocolate and cocoa powder makes it more fudgy. As baking powder is added, it is little crumbly and cakey. Baking soda can also be added in little amount to make it more crumbly and cakey. Chocolate brownie recipe won’t be complete without the addition of walnuts which adds an unique taste to it.
Chocolate brownies are generally baked in squared cake moulds. It is very important to cover the entire cake moulds (in all its sides) with butter / baking paper before pouring the cake batter. The cake batter should not be in direct contact with the mould else there are chances for it to get burnt at the edges while baking.
As the brownies will be chocolatey, serving with chocolate syrup is our preference. This lip smacking cake can also be served with ice cream. This simple brownie can be prepared with easily available ingredients at home. You may like our whole wheat chocolate cake, eggless banana cake. Chocolate brownie recipe from scratch is written below.
Chocolate brownies | whole wheat chocolate brownies (eggless, no butter, no maida, no oven) | चॉकलेट ब्राउनी | சாக்லேட் ப்ரௌனி with step by step video recipe (youtube) in tamil, hindi and english is below.
how to make eggless chocolate brownies ???
Free subscription for more delicious video recipes, SUBSCRIBE
Free subscription form to receive our recipes as email in your inbox: FILL FORM
Our free Android app to receive our recipes in your mobile: DOWNLOAD
whole wheat chocolate brownies (eggless, no maida, no butter, no oven) recipe
Cooking time: 70 minutes
1 cup = 300 ml
1 tbsp = 15 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
- Cooking / vegetable / refined oil / खाना पकाने का तेल / சமையல் எண்ணெய் – ¼ cup (1 cup = 300 ml) + little (for greasing)
- Vanilla essence (syrup) / वेनीला सत्र / வெண்ணிலா சாறை – 1/8 tsp
- Sugar / चीनी / சர்க்கரை – ¾ cup (1 cup = 300 ml)
- Dark Chocolate compound / डार्क चॉकलेट / டார்க் சாக்லேட் – (170 – 200) grams (grated)
- Milk / दूध / பால் – ½ cup (1 cup = 300 ml)
- Cocoa powder / कोको पाउडर / கொக்கோ தூள் – ¾ tsp + little (for dusting)
- Baking powder / बेकिंग पाउडर / பேக்கிங் பவுடர் – ½ tsp
- Whole wheat flour / गेहूं का आटा / கோதுமை மாவு – ¾ cup (1 cup = 300 ml)
- Walnuts / अखरोट / வால்நட்ஸ் – few
- Salt / नमक / உப்பு (for spreading) – 1 cup (1 cup = 450 ml)
- Chocolate syrup / चॉकलेट सिरप / சாக்லேட் சிரப் – for garnishing
- Mix cooking oil, vanilla essence and sugar well.
- Then, add chocolate (grated) and milk to it. Mix it well (Note: The grated chocolate will take time to dissolve completely. Please stir the mixture continuously for few minutes. It is not mandatory to dissolve completely. It is more than enough, if it dissolves up to 70 – 80 %)
- Then, sieve the cocoa powder, baking powder and whole wheat flour over it. Mix it well.
- Add walnuts to it and mix it well. Cake batter is ready.
- Place a butter/ cooking / baking paper inside the cake mould.
- Grease the cake mould with cooking oil and sprinkle little cocoa powder over the mould (dust it).
- Pour the cake batter over the greased cake mould (Tap the cake mould if there is any air bubble).
- Spread the salt in the bottom of the cooker (remove the gasket and vent weight (whistle) from the pressure cooker) and close it with a lid for 10 minutes at medium flame.
- Place a stand over the heated salt.
- Then, place the cake mould over the stand and cook for 70 minutes at medium flame (low medium flame) (close it with a pressure cooker lid without gasket and vent weight (whistle)).
- Check whether the cake is cooked on the top (please don’t cook it for a long time than mentioned as there are chances for the edges of the cake to get burnt).
- Cool the cake mould just for few minutes (10 minutes) and take the brownies out from the mould (by lifting the butter paper with your hands).
- Cut and serve it (please don’t keep the brownies in open air for a long time as it may turn hard soon. To retain its moisture, please store it in an airtight container).
- The chocolate compound can also be dissolved with cooking oil using double boiler method or in microwave. If you are using double boiler method to melt chocolate, please keep the flame at low and melt the chocolate.
- The butter paper should cover the cake mould on all its sides (4 sides and bottom). The cake batter should not touch the cake mould directly else there are chances for the cake to get burnt at the edges while baking.
- It is not mandatory to check with tooth pick as it won’t come out very clean as the chocolates and crumbles of the cake may stick to it in brownies).
- This brownie is a combination of crumbly, chewy, cakey and fudgy.
If you like this recipe, please give your voting below and share it with your friends and family. Happy cooking !!!