Banana cake is a easy, simple, tasty and healthy cake / dessert prepared with banana, whole wheat flour, sugar, curd, walnuts and milk. This is a healthy cake as it is made with whole wheat flour. This recipe is made without oven and eggs. This toothsome cake can easily be prepared in pressure cooker with easily available ingredients.
Video recipe with ingredient measurements and timings
For more video recipes, SUBSCRIBE
Cooking time: 80 minutes
1 cup = 300 ml
1 tbsp = 15 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
- Banana (ripened) / केला / வாழைப்பழம் – 1 ¼ banana (large size)
- sugar / चीनी / சர்க்கரை – ¾ cup
- Milk / दूध / பால் – ¼ cup (for grinding) + ¾ cup
- Cooking oil / खाना पकाने का तेल / சமையல் எண்ணெய் (refined) – ¼ cup (for grinding) + 1/8 cup + for greasing
- Curd / दही / தயிர் – 100 ml
- Vanilla essence / वैनिला एक्सट्रेक्ट / வெண்ணிலா சாறை – 1 ½ tsp
- Whole wheat flour / गेहूं का आटा / கோதுமை மாவு – 1 ¼ cup
- Salt / नमक / உப்பு – ¼ tsp
- Baking powder / बेकिंग पाउडर / பேக்கிங் பவுடர் – 2 tsp
- Baking soda / बेकिंग सोडा / சமையல் சோடா – 1 tsp
- Walnuts / अखरोट / வால்நட்ஸ் – few
- Salt / नमक / உப்பு (for spreading) – 1 cup
- Grind the banana, sugar, milk (¼ cup) and cooking oil ( ¼ cup) to a smooth batter.
- Mix the curd, vanilla essence and cooking oil (1/8 cup) well.
- Add the smooth batter to it and mix it well again.
- Then, sieve the whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt over it.
- Add milk (¾ cup ) to it and mix it well (check the consistency of the batter in our video recipe). Cake batter is ready.
- Place a butter/ cooking / baking paper inside the cake mould.
- Grease the cake mould with cooking oil and sprinkle little whole wheat flour over the mould (dust it).
- Pour the cake batter over the greased cake mould.
- Add walnuts to it and tap the mould few times (to remove air bubbles if any).
- Spread the salt in the bottom of the cooker (remove the gasket and vent weight (whistle) from the pressure cooker) and close it with a lid for 10 minutes at medium flame.
- Place a stand over the heated salt.
- Then, place the cake mould over the stand and cook for 80 minutes at low flame/ simmer (close it with a pressure cooker lid without gasket and vent weight (whistle)).
- Check whether the cake is cooked (insert a tooth pick or wooden stick inside the cake (the tooth pick should come out clean).
- Cool the cake mould after taking out from the cooker for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Separate the edges of the cake from the mould using a knife.
- Cover the cake mould with a plate and flip (to gently remove the cake from the mould) (refer video recipe).
- Remove the butter/baking paper from it and serve. You may also like Eggless Chocolate cake.