Wheat dosa recipe | godhuma dosa |quick wheat flour dosa is with detailed video and photo recipe. Wheat dosa is known as கோதுமை தோசை/ godhumai maavu dosai in tamil language and गेहूं के आटे का डोसा in hindi language.
Wheat dosa recipe | godhuma dosa |quick wheat flour dosa is a simple, easy, instant, tasty, healthy and quick dosa recipe prepared with whole wheat flour, riceflour and curd. It is a north indian as well as a south indian cuisine.
Here in this wheat dosa recipe, first the batter is prepared by mixing whole wheat flour and rice flour with ginger, cumin seeds, green chillies, curd and water. Then, the batter is allowed to rest for few minutes and it is poured over a hot tawa. The important thing one must keep in mind is that the batter should be of flowing / butter milk consistency. Hot tawa and buttermilk consistency batter helps in creating holes in the dosa. Addition of curd/ yogurt enhances the taste of dosa. If the curd is sour, the taste of dosa will be more. You can also skip the addition of curd while preparing this tasty dosa.
Here is the simple and easy recipe of wheat dosa. Enjoy this healthy and tasty dish at home with hotel chutney and hotel sambar.
Wheat dosa recipe | godhuma dosa |quick wheat flour dosa with step by step video recipe (youtube) is below.
Free subscription for more delicious video recipes, SUBSCRIBE
Free subscription form to receive our recipes as email in your inbox: FILL FORM
Our free Android app to receive our recipes on your mobile: DOWNLOAD
Wheat flour dosa recipe
1 cup = 300 ml
1 tbsp = 15 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
- Whole wheat flour / गेहूं का आटा / கோதுமை மாவு – 1 cup ( 1 cup = 300 ml)
- Rice flour / चावल का आटा / அரிசி மாவு – 1 cup (1 cup = 300 ml)
- Ginger / अदरक / இஞ்சி – 1 inch (finely chopped)
- Green chillies / हरी मिर्च / பச்சை மிளகாய் – 2 (finely chopped)
- Hing powder / asafoetida / हिंग / பெருங்காயம் – 1/8 tsp
- Curry leaves / करी पत्ते / கறிவேப்பிலை – few
- Cumin seeds / जीरा / சீரகம்– 1 tsp
- Curd / दही / தயிர் – (80 – 90) ml
- Salt / नमक / உப்பு – required
- Water / पानी / தண்ணீர் – 3 ¼ cup (1 cup = 300 ml)
- Cooking/vegetable oil / खाना पकाने का तेल / சமையல் எண்ணெய் – 2 tsp (for each dosa)
- Mix the whole wheat flour, rice flour, curd, salt, hing powder, curry leaves, cumin seeds, ginger and green chillies well.
- Add water to it and make it as a batter (of butter milk consistency) and rest it for 30 minutes.
- Mix it well and check whether the batter is in buttermilk consistency (add little more water to it to bring it back to buttermilk consistency).
- Heat the tawa at high flame.
- Pour the batter over the hot tawa at high flame (holes will be formed only when the batter is poured over a hot tawa at high flame).
- Add little cooking oil to it.
- Cook the dosa until it turns golden brown and crisp at low flame/simmer (It is not required to cook the dosa on both sides). Serve hot.
Tips for preparing crispy dosa
- Please start pouring the batter from the edges and then moves towards the centre. Pour the batter quickly.
- Please don’t pour batter over the places which are already covered with batter.
- If there are any big gaps, fill it by pouring little batter.
- Please try to pour the batter in a circular motion.
- If the tawa is hot and the batter is of buttermilk consistency, the holes will appear automatically. Enjoy with hotel chutney.
If you like this recipe, please give your voting below and share this recipe with your friends and family. Happy cooking !!!
3 thoughts on “Wheat dosa recipe | godhuma dosa |quick wheat flour dosa | Sreelakshmikitchen”
nice ! this is completely new for me. great !!
Thank you very much. Please try it, it will be tasty 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
LikeLiked by 1 person