Watch the video recipe in hindi:
Idli tikka is a scrumptious dish prepared with Idlis and veggies. A left over idli is turned to a delicious snack/chaat with this recipe. It will be loved by people of all ages.
Watch our videos recipes on www.youtube.com/c/SreelakshmiKitchen
Subscribe for free to our Youtube channel for more videos.
Watch video recipe down below:
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 tbsp = 15 ml
- Idli –9
- Curd / dahee / thayir – 225 grams
- Red Chilli powder / lal mirch powder / sigappu milagai thool – ¾ tsp
- Turmeric powder / Haldi / Manjal thool– ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder / dhaniya powder / Mali thool – ¼ tsp
- Garam masala powder / masala thool – ½ tsp
- Ginger garlic paste / Adrak Lehsun ki paste/ Inji poondu vizhudhu – 1 tsp
- Fennel seed powder / saunf / sombu powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – required
- Extra virgin olive oil / Olive oil – 2 tsp (for vegetable marination) + 5 tbsp (for Idli marination)
- Dried fenugreek / Kasuri methi (crushed) – ¼ tsp
- Lemon / Nimbu / elumichai (small size) – 1/16
- Green capsicum / bell peppers / Shimla mirch / koda milagai (medium size) –2 (cut in squares)
- Red capsicum / bell peppers / shimla mirch/ koda milagai (medium size) – 2 (cut in squares)
- Onion / pyaj / Vengayam (medium size) – 1 (cut in squares)
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Cooking oil – for roasting
- Trim the edges of the Idlis and make squared pieces with it (4 squared pieces can be made with a medium sized idli) (Don’t discard the cut edges of the idli, you can crumble it and use it for making delicious Idli upma recipe
- Add the red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, ginger garlic paste, fennel seed powder, extra virgin olive oil/cooking oil/ olive oil (2 tsp), dried fenugreek (kasuri methi), lemon and required salt to the curd and mix it well.
- Soak the green capsicum, red capsicum and onions in the above mixture for 30 minutes (close it with a lid during marination).
- Add the pepper powder to the olive oil/extra virgin olive oil (5 tbsp) and mix it well. Soak the cut idli pieces in it for 20 minutes.
- Then, arrange the soaked vegetables and idli pieces in the skewers as shown in the video.
- Roast the tikka over a hot tawa using cooking oil at medium flame. Serve hot.