Potato wedges is a delicious Snack and Appetizer. Please, watch the video recipe below.
Cooking time: less than 15 minutes
- Peeled Potato (Medium size) – 8
- Corn flour – 50 grams
- All-purpose flour (Maida) – 50 grams
- Salt – required
- Cumin powder – ¼ tsp
- Red Chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/8 tsp
- Cinnamon powder – ¼ tsp
- Red Chilli flakes – ¾ tsp
- Mint leaves – 4 (chopped)
- Oregano (dried) – ½ tsp
- Olive oil/Cooking oil – ¾ tbsp
- Water – ¾ cup ( 1 cup = 300 ml)
- Cut the potatoes into two equal halves. Further, cut the equal halves into 2 at its Center. If you still find it is a big piece, again cut the equal halves into 2 (Watch the video recipe of it to know in detail).
- Boil enough water (until it reaches its boiling point/bubbles are formed) and then, drop the cut potato pieces into it. Let it immerse and get cooked in boiling water for 15 minutes at medium-high flame. Turn off the flame.
- Pat the boiled potato pieces dry with a clean cloth.
- Mix the All-purpose flour (Maida), corn flour, required salt, cumin powder, red Chilli powder, Garam masala powder, cinnamon powder, red Chilli flakes, mint leaves, oregano (dried) and olive oil/cooking oil with water (225 ml). Prepare a batter (The consistency of the batter should not be very light as it won’t stick to the potato pieces).
- Gently dip the dried potato pieces in the batter (the potatoes pieces should be slightly covered with the batter on all its sides. Please don’t cover the pieces with too much of batter).
- Deep fry the potatoes pieces with the cooking oil until it turns golden in a Kadai at medium flame. Turn off the flame. Sprinkle little pepper powder over it. Serve hot with tomato sauce.