Aloo 65 (Potato 65) is a scrumptious snack and a delicious starter. It is prepared with Potatoes and spices. Enjoy this toothsome dish at home with this simple recipe.
Aloo 65 (Potato 65)
Yields: 30 – 35 pieces
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes for deep frying and re frying the pieces
8-10 minutes for cooking Aloo 65 (Potato 65)
1 tbsp = 15 ml
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Cooking oil – 2 spoons
- Potatoes (Big sized) – 3
- Onion – 3 (medium sized) (roughly chopped lengthwise)
- Turmeric powder – ¼ coffee spoon
- Green Chillies – 6 (split)
- Besan flour – ¾ spoon (heap)
- Corn flour – 2 ¾ spoon (heap)
- Maida – 4 spoons (heap)
- Red Chilli powder – ½ tsp for batter + ¼ tsp
- Salt– required
- Curd – 1 spoon
- Garam masala powder – ½ coffee spoon for batter+ 1 coffee spoon
- Cumin seeds – ¾ tsp
- Water – slightly more than ¼ cup for batter
- Pepper powder – ¼ coffee spoon
- Lemon (medium sized) – 1/8
- Ginger garlic paste – slightly more than ¾ tsp
- Oil – for deep frying
- Pressure cook the potatoes with one cup water (1 cup = 300 ml) and required Salt for 3 whistles at high flame. Turn off the flame.
Note: You can also pressure cook the potatoes for 5 minutes at high flame and the number of whistles depends upon the size and material of the pressure cooker we use. Small cooker will give more number of whistles in 5 minutes whereas the large sized cooker gives only 1-2 whistles in the same time. Aluminium cooker will cook the dishes faster in less number of whistles whereas stainless steel requires more number of whistles. So, to generalize it, I have mentioned pressure cook at 5 minutes at high flame. I have used 5 litre stainless steel pressure cooker.
- Mix the Corn flour, Maida (All-purpose flour) and Besan flour. Add Garam masala (½ coffee spoon), salt and Water (slightly more than ¼ cup where 1 cup = 300 ml) to it and prepare the batter.
- Add Red Chilli powder (½ tsp) and Pepper powder to it and mix it well.
- Chop the cooked potatoes into cubical pieces (Dice it) and soak it in the prepared batter. Marinate (Soak it in the batter) it for 4 minutes.
- Deep fry the marinated cubical pieces until it gets fried well (Turns brown on all its sides).
- Again, refry the deep fried pieces until it becomes crisper (Refrying it to make the pieces crisper).
- Roast the cumin seeds with the Cooking Oil for a min. Add the chopped onions to it and mix it well.
- Add the required salt & Turmeric powder to it and sauté it well (for 1- 2 minutes).
- Add Garam masala powder (1 coffee spoon) and mix it well.
- Add Ginger garlic paste and mix it well.
- Add the split Green Chillies to it and sauté it well for 2 minutes.
- Add the Red Chilli powder (¼ tsp) and mix it well.
- Add the refried Crispy pieces to it and mix it well.
- Add curd to it and mix it well. Turn off the flame.
- Squeeze Lemon and mix it well. Serve hot.
Please find the Video recipe below and give your valuable ratings and comments in the comment box below.