The chai recipe | mumbai chai | tea recipes easy is with detailed video and photo recipe. Tea is also known as चाय in hindi language and தேநீர் in tamil language.
The chai recipe | mumbai chai | tea recipes easy is an aromatic beverage prepared with tea powder, milk, lemongrass, water and other ingredients. It gives a warming, soothing and energizing effect. It is prepared in mumbai style and it is a popular beverage in mumbai, maharastra.
It can also be called as cutting chai if it is served in glass cups. The glass cups should only be filled up to half. As the cups are filled only up to half, a single full glass of chai can be shared by two people. Hence, it gets the name cutting chai. Moreover, the flavor of this chai will be more and hence it will satisfy our taste buds even if we consume the half glass.
Free subscription for more delicious video recipes, SUBSCRIBE
Free subscription form to receive our recipes as email in your inbox: FILL FORM
Our free Android app to receive our recipes on your mobile: DOWNLOAD
Cooking time: less than 10 minutes
- Water / पानी / தண்ணீர் – 1 cup (1 cup = 300 ml)
- Cardamom / इलायची / ஏலக்காய் – 3
- Ginger / अदरक / இஞ்சி – 1 ½ inch (grated)
- Lemongrass / लेमन ग्रास / லெமன் க்ராஸ் – (20-30) grams (chopped)
- Tea powder / चाय पाउडर / தேநீர் தூள்– 3 tsp
- Milk / दूध / பால் (normal milk /unflavored soy milk/cashew milk) – 1 cup
- Sugar / चीनी / சர்க்கரை (white/brown) – (5-6) tsp
- Add cardamom, ginger, lemongrass, tea powder and sugar to the water. Stir it well. Boil it for 4-5 minutes at medium flame.
- Add milk to it and stir it well. Simmer it (If you are using normal milk, simmer it for 4-5 minutes. If you are using soy milk, simmer it for 2-4 minutes. If you are using cashew milk, simmer it for 2 minutes). Turn off the flame.
- Strain the prepared tea using a strainer. Serve hot with biscuits.
If you like this recipe, please give your voting below and share this recipe with your friends and family. Happy cooking !!!
2 thoughts on “The chai recipe | mumbai chai | tea recipes easy | Sreelakshmikitchen”
Never used lemon grass, I have no idea how it tastes, anyways I like to give a try! Thanks for sharing this recipe!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Please do try it.. It will be aromatic .. You are welcome.. My pleasure 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person