Mumbai chai /Tea is a aromatic beverage prepared with tea powder, milk, lemongrass, water and other ingredients. It produces a warming, soothing and energizing effect. Here is the video recipe.
Cooking time: less than 10 minutes
- Water – 1 cup (1 cup = 300 ml)
- Cardamom – 3
- Ginger – 1 ½ inch (grated)
- Lemon grass –(20-30) grams (chopped)
- Tea powder – 3 tsp
- Milk (normal/unflavored soy milk/cashew) – 1 cup
- Sugar (white/brown) – (5-6) tsp
- Add cardamom, ginger, lemon grass, tea powder and sugar to the water. Stir it well. Boil it for 4-5 minutes at medium flame.
- Add milk to it and stir it well. Simmer it (If you are using normal milk, simmer it for 4-5 minutes. If you are using soy milk, simmer it for 2-4 minutes. If you are using cashew milk, simmer it for 2 minutes). Turn off the flame.
- Strain the prepared tea using strainer. Serve hot with biscuits.