Lemon rice recipes | the best lemon rice recipe is with detailed video and photo recipe. It is called as लेमन राइस in hindi language and எலுமிச்சை சாதம் in tamil language.
Lemon rice description
Lemon rice recipes | the best lemon rice recipe is a variety rice-based dish prepared with lemon, rice and spices. It is a tasty, easy and instant lunch box recipe. It is prepared in indian restaurant style. It tastes the best with any curry, gravy, avial, hotel chutney.
The main thing to be remembered while preparing lemon rice is that the cooked rice should be separate and not mushy. Here, the rice is separately cooked in pressure cooker and later mixed with the spices. Lemon should be squeezed only when the rice is not very hot else there are chances for the rice to taste bitter. Enjoy this homemade lemon rice at home. You may like our instant tamarind rice, coconut rice.
Lemon rice recipes | the best lemon rice recipe with step by step video recipe (youtube) is below.
Free subscription for more delicious video recipes, SUBSCRIBE
Free subscription form to receive our recipes as email in your inbox: FILL FORM
Our free Android app to receive our recipes on your mobile: DOWNLOAD
Lemon rice recipe
Cooking time: less than 5 minutes
Serves: 3 to 4
1 tbsp = 15 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
For cooking raw rice:
- Rice / चावल / அரிசி – 1 cup (1 cup = 300 ml)
- Cooking oil/vegetable oil / खाना पकाने का तेल / சமையல் எண்ணெய் – 1 tsp
- Water / पानी / தண்ணீர் – 1 ¼ cup (the quantity of water depends on the quality of rice)
For preparing Lemon rice:
- Cooking oil/vegetable oil / खाना पकाने का तेल / சமையல் எண்ணெய்– 2 tbsp
- Chana dal / चना दाल / கடலை பருப்பு – 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds / सरसों के बीज / கடுகு – ¾ tsp
- Red Chillies / लाल मिर्च / சிவப்பு மிளகாய் – (3-4)
- Green Chillies / हरी मिर्च / பச்சை மிளகாய் (medium size) – 3 (chopped)
- Groundnuts/peanuts / मूंगफली / வேர்கடலை (skinned/skinless) – 1 ¼ tbsp
- Cashew nuts / काजू / முந்திரி பருப்பு – 8
- Hing powder/asafoetida / हिंग / பெருங்காயம் – ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder / हल्दी पाउडर / மஞ்சள் தூள் – ½ tsp
- Salt / नमक / உப்பு – required
- Curry leaves / करी पत्ते / கறிவேப்பிலை – few
- Lemon / नींबू / எலுமிச்சை (small size) – 1
- Cook the rice with water and cooking oil (1 tsp) with vent weight for 15 minutes at high flame (I have used 5 ½ litre aluminium cooker and cooked for 3 whistles). The cooked rice should be separate and not mushy.
- Roast the mustard seeds with the cooking oil (2 tbsp) until it crackles in a pan at medium flame.
- Add the chana dal, ground nuts, cashew nuts, red chillies, green chillies, hing powder, turmeric powder and salt (required) to it. Saute the mixture for 2 minutes at medium flame.
- Add curry leaves to it and mix it well. Turn off the flame.
- Add the mixture to the cooked rice and mix it well.
- Squeeze lemon over it and again mix it well (the cooked rice should not be very hot while squeezing lemon over). Enjoy with avial. You may like our instant tamarind rice, coconut rice.
If you like this recipe, please give your voting below and share this recipe with your friends and family. Happy cooking !!!