Potato fry | how to make potato fry | आलू फ्राई | உருளைக்கிழங்கு வறுவல் is with detailed video and photo recipe. Potato is called as आलू ( aloo in hindi), உருளைக்கிழங்கு (urulaikizhangu / urulaikilangu in tamil). Potato fry is known as आलू फ्राई in hindi and உருளைக்கிழங்கு வறுவல்in tamil.
POTATO FRY DESCRIPTION
Potato fry | potato roast |aloo fry | आलू फ्राई | உருளைக்கிழங்கு வறுவல் is an easy, simple and delicious side dish made in a pan with potatoes, onions and spices. It is a mildly spiced potato fry masala and a mouthwatering side dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner (such as sambar rice, lemon rice, curd rice, rice, etc,.). This indian potato fry is popular in both north indian cuisine dishes and south indian cuisine recipes.
Potato fry recipe can also be prepared with pre-boiled potatoes but it won’t it turn much crispy. This potato dry fry recipe will be loved by both kids and adults as it will be tasty and delicious. Here, the fennel seeds / saunf which is added as one of the ingredients adds more flavour. The corn flour sprinkled at the end helps in making the potato fry crispy and dry.
I love to make this potato fry curry often as it goes well with all types of dishes such as rice, chapathi, roti, etc,. Locally, the term “curry” is often used to refer to the vegetable side dishes that are prepared with spices. It is an also a term that refers to non-vegetarian dishes in many parts of india. To make it as a very deep and crispy fry, the potatoes should be sauteed for a long time and it should not be cook covered. The quick fried potato (aloo) recipe from scratch is written below. Enjoy this homemade indian style potato fry/potato roast at home. You may also like our no onion no garlic aloo sabzi recipe (Navratri/Vrat special).
Potato fry | aloo fry | आलू फ्राई | உருளைக்கிழங்கு வறுவல் with step by step video recipe (youtube) in tamil, hindi and english is below.
how to make potato fry ??
Free subscription for more delicious video recipes, SUBSCRIBE
Free subscription form to receive our recipes as email in your inbox: FILL FORM
Our free Android app to receive our recipes in your mobile: DOWNLOAD
POTATO FRY| आलू फ्राई | உருளைக்கிழங்கு வறுவல் RECIPE
Cooking time: less than 20 minutes
1 tbsp = 15 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
- Potato / आलू / உருளைக்கிழங்கு (large size) – 5
- Cooking oil / खाना पकाने का तेल / சமையல் எண்ணெய் – 4 tbsp
- Mustard seeds / सरसों के बीज / கடுகு – ¾ tsp
- Fennel seeds / saunf / सौंफ के बीज / பெருஞ்சீரகம் – 1 tsp + ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds / जीरा / சீரகம் – ¼ tsp
- Dry red chillies / लाल मिर्च / சிவப்பு மிளகாய் – 3
- Ginger garlic paste / अदरक लहसुन पेस्ट / இஞ்சி பூண்டு பேஸ்ட்– 1 tsp
- Curry leaves / करी पत्ते / கறிவேப்பிலை – few
- Onions / प्याज / வெங்காயம் (small size)– 4
- Red chilli powder (kashmiri) / काश्मीर लाल मिर्च पाउडर / கஷ்மீரி சிவப்பு மிளகாய் தூள் – 1 ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder / हल्दी पाउडर / மஞ்சள் தூள் – ¼ tsp
- Garam masala powder / गरम मसाला पाउडर / கரம் மசாலா பொடி – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder / धनिया पाउडर / கொத்தமல்லி தூள் – ¼ tsp
- Salt / नमक / உப்பு – required
- Corn flour / मक्के का आटा / சோள மாவு– 1 tsp
- Lemon / नींबू / எலுமிச்சை (medium size) – 1/8
- Coriander leaves / धनिये के पत्ते / கொத்துமல்லி தழை – few
- Chop the potatoes into cubes (refer video recipe).
- Crackle the mustard seeds in cooking oil.
- Add fennel seeds (saunf), cumin seeds, dry red chillies, ginger garlic paste, curry leaves to it. Sauté for few seconds.
- Add onions to it and sauté until onions become pink and transparent.
- Add potatoes to it and mix it well. Cook covered (with a lid) for 6 minutes at medium flame.
- Open the lid and mix it well. Then, again cook covered (with a lid) for 5 minutes at medium flame.
- Add red chilli powder (Kashmiri), turmeric powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder and salt (required) to it. Mix it well and roast for 4 minutes at medium flame (Note: if normal red chilli powder is used, please reduce the quantity as per your preference)
- Sprinkle corn flour and add saunf (fennel seeds – ½ tsp) (optional) to it and mix it well. Turn off the flame.
- Squeeze lemon and mix it well. Garnish with coriander leaves. You may like Vegetable pulao.
If you like this recipe, please give your vote below. Share it with your friends and family.