Coconut palkova| milksweet | नारियल मिठाई | தேங்காய் பால்கோவா is with detailed video and photo recipe. Palkova is known as khoya in hindi. This recipe can be called as coconut milk peda as it taste similar to a peda. It is called as नारियल मिठाई in hindi and தேங்காய் பால்கோவா in tamil.
COCONUT PALKOVA |MILK SWEET | PEDA DESCRIPTION
Coconut palkova |नारियल मिठाई | தேங்காய் பால்கோவா | khoya is an instant delicious dessert/sweet/ candy prepared with coconut, milk powder, milk and sugar in few minutes.
It is called as coconut palkova in southern part of India (Tamilnadu). Khova is generally known as khoya in northern part of india. It generally takes a long time to make palkova. But this is an easy and quick recipe which can be prepared in few minutes. The addition of milk powder to the milk, helps in thickening in a short span of time.
Here, the desiccated coconut powder is added to enhance the taste and flavor to a simple palkova. Hence, it is called as coconut khoya mithai. Mithai means “sweet dish”.
This easy homemade coconut milk sweet / peda / khoya will be loved by people of all ages (from kids to adults). As it is a soft mouthwatering dish, it can also be called as soft coconut khoya burfi / barfi. It can also served without cutting into pieces. The toothsome coconut khoya recipe from scratch is written below. You may like Doodh peda recipe (instant)
Coconut palkova | Coconut peda (khoya) | नारियल मिठाई | தேங்காய் பால்கோவா | khoya with step by step video recipe (youtube) in english, hindi and tamil is below.
how to make palkova recipe ???
Free subscription for more delicious video recipes, SUBSCRIBE
Free subscription form to receive our recipes as email in your inbox: FILL FORM
Our free Android app to receive our recipes in your mobile: DOWNLOAD
coconut palkova | coconut peda | coconut milk sweet | नारियल मिठाई | தேங்காய் பால்கோவா RECIPE
Cooking time: less than 30 minutes
Serves: 12 big pieces
1 tbsp = 15 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 cup = 300 ml
- Milk / दूध / பால் – 1 ½ cup ( where 1 cup = 300 ml)
- Milk powder / दूध का पाउडर / பால் பவுடர் – 200 grams
- Desiccated Coconut powder / नारियल पाउडर / தேங்காய் தூள் (fresh / dry) – ¾ cup ( where 1 cup = 300 ml)
- Saffron strands / केसर / குங்குமப்பூ – few
- Sugar / चीनी / சர்க்கரை – ¾ cup (1 cup = 300 ml)
- Cardamom powder / इलायची पाउडर / ஏலக்காய் பொடி– ¼ tsp
- Ghee / घी/ நெய் – little (for greasing)
- Almonds / बादाम / பாதாம் – few (chopped)
- Mix the milk powder and coconut powder in milk well (there should be no lumps) (The mixing should be done at room temperature (outside the flame).
- Stir the milk mixture continuously in a Kadai at low- medium flame (stir it continuously else the milk mixture may get burnt at the bottom).
- When the mixture starts thickening, add saffron strands and sugar to it (It took 19 minutes at low- medium flame in a non-stick pan to start thickening). Mix it well.
- Stir continuously at low-medium flame until the mixture starts leaving the sides of the pan.
- Add cardamom powder to it and mix it well.
- Stir it until it becomes non sticky milk solid (refer video recipe). Turn off the flame.
- Grease a tray (with baking paper/ butter paper) using little ghee and transfer the non sticky milk solid to it. Level it with spatula.
- Garnish with almonds and press it gently.
- Refrigerate it for 90 minutes.
- Cut into pieces of desired shape and serve. You may like Coconut Ladoo (Without Ghee).
If you like this recipe, give your voting below. Share it with your friends and family.