Coconut milk sweet is a delicious dessert/sweet prepared with coconut, milk powder, milk and sugar. Here is a simple and easy recipe of it.
For more delicious recipes, Click: SUBSCRIBE
Cooking time: less than 30 minutes
Serves: 12 big pieces
1 tbsp = 15 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 cup = 300 ml
- Milk / दूध / பால் – 1 ½ cup ( where 1 cup = 300 ml)
- Milk powder / दूध का पाउडर / பால் பவுடர் – 200 grams
- Desiccated Coconut powder / नारियल पाउडर / தேங்காய் தூள் (fresh / dry) – ¾ cup ( where 1 cup = 300 ml)
- Saffron strands / केसर / குங்குமப்பூ – few
- Sugar / चीनी / சர்க்கரை – ¾ cup (1 cup = 300 ml)
- Cardamom powder / इलायची पाउडर / ஏலக்காய் பொடி– ¼ tsp
- Ghee / घी/ நெய் – little (for greasing)
- Almonds / बादाम / பாதாம் – few (chopped)
- Mix the milk powder and coconut powder in milk well (there should be no lumps) (The mixing should be done at room temperature (outside the flame).
- Stir the milk mixture continuously in a Kadai at low- medium flame (stir it continuously else the milk mixture may get burnt at the bottom).
- When the mixture starts thickening, add saffron strands and sugar to it (It took 19 minutes at low- medium flame in a non-stick pan to start thickening). Mix it well.
- Stir continuously at low-medium flame until the mixture starts leaving the sides of the pan.
- Add cardamom powder to it and mix it well.
- Stir it until it becomes non sticky milk solid (refer video recipe). Turn off the flame.
- Grease a tray (with baking paper/ butter paper) using little ghee and transfer the non sticky milk solid to it. Level it with spatula.
- Garnish with almonds and press it gently.
- Refrigerate it for 90 minutes.
- Cut into pieces of desired shape and serve. You may like Coconut Ladoo (Without Ghee).