Kaju katli | easy kaju barfi is with detailed video and photo recipe. It is a popular sweet in north india as well as in south india. It is also called as kaju barfi. Cashew nuts are known as काजू (kaju) in hindi language and முந்திரிப்பருப்பு (mundhiri paruppu) in tamil languge.
kaju katli / kaju fudge description
Kaju katli | easy kaju barfi is a simple, easy, tasty, rich, exotic and delicious sweet/ dessert prepared with cashew nuts, sugar and ghee. It is a very famous indian sweet.
In this kaju katli recipe, the cashew nuts are first ground to a fine powder. The cashew nut should be at room temperature and it should be dry before grinding else it will be ground to a sticky powder. If your cashew nuts are moist, please dry roast it for few minutes (please be sure that the cashew nuts should not change colour while roasting) and cool it at room temperature for few minutes. Then, grind to a fine powder.
At the same time, the cashew nuts should be ground at equal and regular intervals. If it is ground at once for a long time, the cashew nut will ooze out oil and will make the powder sticky. It is better to sieve the prepared cashew nut powder to remove any solid particles (if any). Sieving helps in making the kaju katli smooth and soft. The ingredients for preparing easy kaju barfi recipe is very less and simple. Kaju katli recipe from stratch is written below (in tamil, hindi and english).
The procedure to check the consistency of sugar syrup is to take a big drop of sugar syrup in a ladle and cool it for few seconds at room temperature. Then, stretch the sugar syrup using fore finger (index finger) and thumb. For perfect one string consistency, you should get a perfect single string (without breaking at the middle ) while stretching. The sugar syrup’s consistency will be changing very quickly (even in the meantime while checking its consistency).
If you wait till perfect one string consistency, there are chances for it to turn to double string consistency very soon and the kaju katli will become very hard. Half string or sticky consistency will be perfect for preparing kaju katli. If the sugar syrup sticks to your hand or if you get small breakable little strings, that is the perfect consistency for adding the cashew nut powder.
Later in this cashew nut fudge recipe, the cashew nut powder is cooked in the sugar syrup until it turns to a non sticky dough. Ghee can also be added while cooking and it also helps in turning the dough, non sticky very fast. Cool the non sticky dough for few minutes (touchable). please don’t cool it for a long time else it may turn hard. Knead the dough for few minutes and roll it flat using a rolling pin. Cut in your desired shape and enjoy a perfect soft and authentic kaju katli recipe at home. Kneading the dough helps in making dough smooth. You can also store this sweet in an air tight container under refrigeration for few days. You may like our coconut ladoo (without ghee), coconut mithai.
Kaju katli | easy kaju barfi | how to make tasty kaju katli at home with step by step video recipe (youtube) in tamil, hindi and english is below.
how to make simple kaju katli ???
Free subscription for more delicious video recipes, SUBSCRIBE
Free subscription form to receive our recipes as mail in your inbox: FILL FORM
Our free Android app to receive our recipes in your mobile: DOWNLOAD
Kaju katli | easy kaju barfi | cashew nut fudge recipe
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Serves : 30-35 minutes
1 cup = 300 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
- Cashewnuts / काजू / முந்திரிப்பருப்பு – 200 grams
- Sugar / चीनी / சர்க்கரை – ½ cup
- Water / पानी / தண்ணீர் – ¼ cup
- Ghee / घी / நெய் – for greasing + ½ tsp
- Cardamom powder/ इलायची पाउडर / ஏலக்காய் பொடி– ¼ tsp
- Grind the cashew nuts to a fine powder (grind the cashew nuts at low speed (at equal intervals) in the mixer/grinder. Don’t grind it for a long time, as the cashew nuts ooze outs oil).
- Sieve the ground cashew powder.
- Dissolve the sugar in water completely at medium flame.
- Let the sugar syrup boil at medium flame until it becomes sticky (don’t boil the sugar syrup until it reaches one string consistency – NO ONE STRING COSISTENCY).
- Add the cashewnut powder to it and mix it well at low flame.
- Add cardamom powder to it and mix it well.
- Cook at low flame until the mixture turns to a non-sticky dough (starts leaving the sides of the pan). Cashew dough is ready.
- Transfer the cashew dough to a greased butter/baking paper (grease the butter/baking paper with little ghee).
- Cool the cashew dough until it becomes warm at room temperature (the dough should be little hot and it should not be completely cooled down).
- Add ghee (½ tsp) to the cashew dough and knead it for 2 minutes (knead with greased hands (use little ghee for greasing)).
- Shape the cashew dough to a ball and then flatten it using hands.
- Roll the flattened dough to a desired thickness (using rolling pin).
- Cut it to diamond shaped katli. Serve.
If you like this recipe, please give your voting below and share this recipe with your friends and family. Happy cooking !!!