Masala poori/Spicy poori is a Fried spiced Indian bread prepared with Whole Wheat flour, Maida, Sooji and Spices. It is a delicious breakfast dish which tastes the best with Poori Masala, Dhariwala, etc. Here is the simple recipe of it.
Cooking time: 2-3 minutes for each Poori
Serves: 7-8 big sized Poori
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Whole Wheat flour – 1 cup and little for dusting (1 cup=300ml)
- Maida – 1 cup (1 cup=300 ml)
- Salt – required
- Red Chilli powder – slightly more than 1 ½ tsp
- Heeng powder – slightly more than ¼ coffee spoon
- Sooji/Rava – ¾ tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – slightly more than ¼ coffee spoon
- Ghee – ¼ spoon
- Pepper powder – ¼ coffee spoon
- Water – Approx. 170 ml or slightly more than ½ cup (1cup = 300ml)
- Cooking Oil – for deep frying.
- Roast the Cumin seeds with the Ghee for 30 seconds in a pan at medium-high flame.
- Soak the Rava/Sooji in little Water for 15- 20 minutes.
- Mix the Whole Wheat flour, Maida, required Salt, Red Chilli powder, Heeng powder, Turmeric powder, Pepper powder, soaked Rava/Sooji and roasted Cumin seeds well.
- Add Water to it and knead it into dough. Rest it for 10-15 minutes.
- Make equal sized balls with it.
- Flatten each ball into a round shaped Roti using a Chapati Rolling pin. Use little Wheat flour for dusting.
- Deep fry each Roti in the cooking Oil until it turns golden brown on both sides. Switch off the flame. Hot Masala Poori/Spicy Poori is ready to serve.
Please don’t forget to click the “Subscribe/Follow” button and give your Email address to receive the updates/new recipes in your inbox directly. If you like this recipe, do share it in your favourite Social media.