Roasted Paneer Jalfrezi is a Side dish prepared with Paneer (Cottage Cheese), Onions, Ginger, Tomatoes, Capsicum, Vinegar and Spices. It is a tasty Curry which is prepared by shallow roasting the Paneer (Cottage Cheese) along with the other vegetables and spices. It is an excellent Side dish for Vegetable Pulao Vegetable Pulao, Vegetable rice Vegetable Rice , Plain rice, Roti and Chapati.
Cooking time: 15- 18 minutes
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Dry Red Chilli– 3 (Break each Chilli into two pieces)
- Large sized Onions – 1 (Cut into thick slices and then separate the layers)
- Ginger – 1 two inch (chopped)
- Cooking Oil – 4 spoons
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Red Chilli powder – slightly less than ¾ tsp
- Garam Masala powder/ Sabzi Masala – 1/4 tsp
- Green Chillies – 1 (finely chopped)
- Tomatoes – 1 (Chopped lengthwise)
- Medium sized Capsicum – 1 (Chopped lengthwise)
- Paneer (Cottage Cheese) – 200 grams (Cut it into lengthwise pieces of ½ inch thickness)
- Mint leaves – few
- Turmeric powder – slightly less than ¾ tsp
- Vinegar/ Apple cider Vinegar – 1 spoon
- Salt – required
- Roast the Cumin seeds with the Cooking Oil for 30 seconds in a Kadai at medium-high flame (I have used non-stick Kadai).
- Add the Red Chillies to it. Sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the Onions and chopped Ginger to it. Sauté it for a minute.
- Add the Turmeric powder and Red Chilli powder to it. Mix it well. Sauté the mixture for a minute.
- Add the chopped Green Chillies and Capsicum to it. Sauté it for 2 minutes.
- Add the Chopped Paneer (Cottage cheese) to it and sauté it for (3-4) minutes.
- Then, add the required Salt and Vinegar. Mix it well. Sauté the mixture for 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped Tomatoes and Garam Masala powder to it. Stir it for 2 minutes. Switch off the flame. Garnish with Mint leaves. Enjoy with Vegetable Pulao or Vegetable Rice.
Please don’t forget to click the “Subscribe/Follow” button and give your Email address to receive the updates/new recipes in your inbox directly. If you like this recipe, do share it in your favourite Social media.