Stuffed capsicum | bharwa shimla mirch |stuffed bell peppers vegetarian is with detailed recipe. Stuffed capsicum recipe is also known as bharwa shimla mirch recipe. Capsicum or bell peppers is known as शिमला मिर्च (shimla mirch) in hindi language and குடைமிளகாய் (kudailmilagai) in tamil language.
stuffed capicum description
Stuffed capsicum | bharwa shimla mirch |stuffed bell peppers vegetarian is a tasty, simple, easy and delicious vegetarian curry prepared with bell peppers / capsicum, potatoes (aloo), tomatoes, onions and spices. It is prepared in indian style. It is a famous side dish in north india as well as in south india. It is a mouth watering side dish for rice varieties.
It is a simple and mouthwatering side dish recipe for lunch box too. This stuffed capsicum will be loved by people of all ages (from kids to adults). It is a healthy recipe too as the bell peppers are not deep fried. Stuffed bell pepper recipe from scratch is written below.
In this stuffed bell peppers recipe, potatoes are boiled/ steam cooked separately. Then, the boiled potatoes (aloo) are mashed and cooked along with onions, carrot and spices. Later, the prepared stuffings are stuffed in the capsicum (bell peppers) and it is shallow fried with little oil. It is one best stuffed bell peppers recipe. Enjoy this easy bharwa shimla recipe at home.
Free subscription for more delicious video recipes, SUBSCRIBE
Free subscription form to receive our recipes as email in your inbox: FILL FORM
Our free Android app to receive our recipes in your mobile: DOWNLOAD
Stuffed capsicum recipe
Cooking time: 25 minutes
1 tbsp = 15 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
- Potato / आलू / உருளைக்கிழங்கு (big size) – 3
- Green capsicum (bell peppers) / शिमला मिर्च / குடைமிளகாய்- 3
- Tomato / टमाटर / தக்காளி (medium size) – 2 (finely chopped)
- Onions / प्याज / வெங்காயம் (big size) – 2 (finely chopped)
- Carrot / गाजर / கேரட் – 3 (finely chopped)
- Red chilli powder / लाल मिर्च पाउडर / சிவப்பு மிளகாய் தூள் – (¾ – 1) tsp
- Garam masala powder / गरम मसाला पाउडर / கரம் மசாலா பொடி – ¾ tsp
- Coriander powder / धनिया पाउडर /கொத்தமல்லி தூள் – ½ tsp
- Salt / नमक / உப்பு– required
- Water / पानी / தண்ணீர் – required
- cooking oil / vegetable oil / ना पकाने का तेल / சமையல் எண்ணெய் – 1 tbsp + 4 tbsp
- Boil or steam cook the potatoes with enough water in a pressure cooker / steamer. Mash the boiled potatoes using a masher.
- Remove the top part (stem) of the capsicum using a knife and also remove the seeds (if required).
- Roast the chopped onions with the cooking oil (1 tbsp) until it become pink and transparent, in a kadai at medium flame.
- Add the carrots and tomatoes to it. Sauté the mixture until the tomatoes turn juicy (and carrots gets cooked well) .
- Add the mashed potatoes, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder and required salt to it. Mix it well. Sauté the mixture for 3-4 minutes at medium flame. Stuffing is ready.
- Divide the Stuffing equally. The divisions should be equal to the number of capsicums / bell peppers used.
- Take a stuffing division and stuff it inside a stem removed whole capsicum / bell pepper.
- Roast the capsicum with the Cooking Oil (2 tbsp) until it turns golden brown on both sides, in a kadai / pan at low – medium flame.
- Repeat the same procedure for rest of the capsicums.
- Place the removed stem back to its position on the Capsicums respectively. Stuffed Capsicums are ready.
If you like this recipe, please share your vote below and share it with your friends and family. Happy cooking !!