Paneer Butter Masala is a rich and renowned Gravy. This Creamy and Spicy Gravy is an excellent Side dish for Rice, Roti, Phulkas, and Parathas. It is a mouth-watering dish prepared with Paneer, Tomatoes, Onions, Ginger, Garlic, Cashews and Spices.
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1 cup = 450 ml
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Paneer – 200 grams (Equally cut pieces)
- Medium Sized Tomatoes –3 (finely chopped)
- Big sized Onions– 2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Green Chillies – 2 (chopped lengthwise)
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Red Chilli powder – (½ -¾) tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – slightly less than 1 tsp
- Garam Masala powder – 1 tsp
- Butter – 1 ½ tsp
- Cashews – 8
- Milk – 4 spoon
- Chopped Coriander Leaves – 3 tsp
- Cooking Oil – 1 spoon
- Water – ¾ cup
- Salt – required
- Grind the finely chopped Tomatoes with little Water to a puree. Tomato puree is ready.
- Grind the finely chopped Onions with little water to a smooth paste. Onion paste is ready.
- Grind the Cashews with the milk to a smooth paste. Cashew paste is ready.
- Dry roast the Cumin seeds until it turn slightly brown, in a pan at low flame. Grind it to a smooth powder. Roasted Cumin Powder is ready.
- Roast the Ginger Garlic paste with the Butter and Cooking Oil for a minute, in a Kadai at low flame.
- Add the prepared Onion paste to it. Sauté until the Water in it evaporates and the mixture becomes solid, at low flame.
- Add the prepared Tomato puree to it and sauté it for 2 minutes.
- Then, add the Turmeric powder, Red Chilli powder, prepared Roasted Cumin powder, Coriander powder and required Salt to it and saute for a minute.
- Add the chopped Green chillies and Water ((¼-½) cup) to it. Stir it well and cook the mixture for 4 minutes at medium flame.
- Add the Garam Masala powder to it and Stir for a minute.
- Add the Paneer pieces to it and Cook the mixture for 4 minutes at low-medium flame.
- Add the prepared Cashew paste and chopped Coriander leaves to it and mix it well. Paneer Butter Masala is ready. Switch off the flame.
- Garnish with Cashew paste and chopped Coriander leaves (few).Enjoy with Hot Aloo Paratha or Kashmiri Pulao.
Please don’t forget to press the “Subscribe button“at the bottom of the page, to subscribe to my blog. If you like the recipe, please share it and give your valuable comments.