Milk Peda (Doodh Peda) is a delicious Dessert prepared with Condensed Milk, Milk Powder, Ghee, Saffron, Cardamom powder and Almonds. This delectable sweet can be prepared very easily in a short duration.
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Yields: 8 – 9 Big sized Pedas
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Condensed Milk – 400 grams
- Milk powder – 80 grams
- Ghee/ Butter – 1 ¼ tsp and required for greasing
- Saffron Strands – 8 to 9
- Cardamom powder – 1 coffee spoon
- Almonds – 9
- Add the Milk powder to the Condensed Milk and mix it well without any lumps.
- Stir the mixture for 9 minutes at low flame. Stir the mixture at frequent intervals, else it may get burnt at the bottom.
- Add the Saffron Strands and Cardamom powder to it and mix it well.
- Stir the mixture until it becomes non sticky. Add the Ghee/Butter when the mixture becomes non sticky and mix it well.
- Cook it until a thick milk solid is formed. Switch off the flame.
- Cool the mixture for 4 -5 minutes. Make balls using greased (grease with little Ghee) hands when the mixture is little hot.
- Flatten the balls when it is hot and adjust it to a shape of a Peda and place the Almonds on the centre of each Peda.
- Let the prepared Pedas rest for few minutes. Store it an airtight container for a day and then serve.
Please don’t forget to press the “Subscribe button“at the bottom of the page, to subscribe to my blog. If you like the recipe, please share it and give your valuable comments.