Bread Pockets is a crunchy snack and a tooth some Appetizer too. This scrumptious starter is prepared with Potatoes, Cheese, Bread Slices, Onions, Carrot, Tomatoes and Spices.
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Yields: 8 Pockets
1 cup= 450 ml
1 spoon = 10 ml
1 tsp = 5 ml
1 coffee spoon = 2.5 ml
- Medium Sized Bread slice – 8
- Medium Sized Potatoes – 2
- Finely grated Cheese – ¼ cup
- Red Chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Garam Masala powder – ¾ tsp
- Chopped tomatoes – ¼ cup
- Chopped Carrots – ¼ cup
- Medium Sized Onions – 1 (finely chopped)
- Peeled Green Peas – ¼ cup
- Mango powder – ¼ tsp
- Cumin powder – slightly less than ¼ tsp
- Coriander powder – ¼ tsp
- Green Chilli – 1 (finely chopped)
- Salt – required
- Water – required
- Cooking Oil – 1 spoon
- Oil – for deep frying
- Cook the Potatoes with required Water and Salt in a pressure cooker for 3-4 whistles. Mash it well.
- Roast the Chopped Onions with the Cooking Oil until it become pink and transparent, in a Kadai at low flame. Add the Chopped Carrots, Tomatoes and Peeled Green Peas to it. Cook the mixture for 5 minutes at medium flame and Sprinkle little Water if required.
- Add the finely grated Cheese, Red Chilli powder, Garam Masala powder, required Salt, Cumin powder, Mango powder, Coriander powder and finely chopped Green chillies to it. Mix it well. Saute the mixture for 2 minutes at medium flame.
- Add the mashed Potatoes to it and mix it well. Saute the mixture for 2 minutes and switch off the flame. Stuffing is ready. Equally divide the stuffing.
- Remove the crust from the bread slices.
- Take a bread slice and roll the Chapati Rolling Pin over it to make it as a thin bread sheet. Place an equal stuffing division over the thin sheet and fold it into pockets (Seal the edges with Water).Repeat the same procedure for rest of the Bread slices.
- Deep fry the Pockets in Oil until it turns golden brown on both sides. Bread Pockets is ready. Enjoy with Tomato Sauce or Mint Chutney.
Please don’t forget to press the “Subscribe button“at the bottom of the page, to subscribe to my blog. If you like the recipe, please share it and give your valuable comments.